Motherboard heads to Denver--ground zero for cannabis legalization, and home to a booming tech sector in what could be called the SIlicon Valley of Cannabis."
KNOW THE LAWS IN YOUR STATE!
State-By-State Medical Marijuana Laws http://shar.es/xfYBc
State-By-State Medical Marijuana Laws http://shar.es/xfYBc
It just so happened that I had a nice harvest last month & it should last me throughout the whole summer....I have concluded that maybe this is the way to go from now on. I mean really, who wants to be tied down in the summer? I want to be OUTSIDE gardening! I hate having to worry about carrying pests into the grow rooms from outside, especially when the bugs have been atrocious!
Plus, I'm away from home more often in the summer because we go to the cottage frequently.
Currently I have 6 babies that are almost a month old. I must say that it's so weird to use less than a gallon of water versus 5 gallons like i was for watering. I'm enjoying that aspect of it as well even if it feels strange. I had a big run & it was a lot of work & stress & I was relieved when it was over but that partly because a setback due to getting a clone from an UNFAMILIAR source that was infected with PM but that's a whole other story I've touched on in previous posts.
It's indescribable how happy I am that I'll have it easy for awhile. I expect I'll be a little busier as the summer wanes but until then- I'm just going to enjoy this quiet time and seize each and everyday!
Would you be interested in doing the same?
I'd like to welcome you to my blog whether you're a new visitor or a regular one!
Today's topic is topicals (click the word for link on info about what a topical is).
My friend shared this easy recipe for a medicated topical pain reliever which can also be consumed. How sweet is that? You can use it for cooking, baking or do what I did and add a few drops of cinnamon oil and eat it on toast!
(NOTE: Some of you may not be familiar with the term decarbolization (click the word for link to info on it) that is the first thing that you do in this recipe. Decarbolizing consists of baking the cannabis at a low temp. (275) to remove the carbon from it & the THC leaving behind the more medicinal quality the CBD's, CBG's etc.
- First you need to decarbolize the 4 cups of cannabis, pack it down real good!
- Spread the leaf on a cookie tray in a single layer. I needed 2 trays, you want to spread it out good, no piles.
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees
- Put the cookie sheets w/ leaf into oven and let it cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Don't freak out if it smokes, the small stuff is burning up (kief & small bits). I did freak & turned on the exhaust fan. The fumes will be bad! LOL I was hoping it wouldn't waif into the neighbors house. Be warned! You want to cook it until it changes color, kinda brownish.
- Remove when done, be careful & don't toast the shit outta it!
- Turn crock pot on high & preheat it.
- Add the coconut oil & let melt, I used approx. 20 oz. cos' my leaf/bud was so potent
- Add the decarbolized leaf & stir until all the leaf is coated good.
- Cover the leaf with water & keep it covered throughout the WHOLE process *important
- Put a lid on it!
- Once you know the crock pot is thoroughly heated turn heat to low heat.
- Let cook for 5- 6 hours, longer is okay, I cooked mine for 7 hours! My friend cooked hers once for a day I think she said & it was ok.
- You have to strain it now. Take a strainer, lay cheesecloth in it. I used 2 pieces.
- Pour into strainer, have a big pot to catch oil/water mix. You have to squeeze the oil/water out of the cheesecloth. It will flow through easily.
- Repeat the above (strain again!)
- Let cool
- Once cooled, put in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours. "Oil & water don't mix", the oil will harden. (It's the same as removing the fat from soup stock)
- Remove from refrigerator, and proceed to remove the hardened oil from the top of the jar.
- Dry on paper towels & pat off any water on it.
- Storing: I put mine in cute little Mason Jars (half pint size) and also the small container I get my wax (concentrates) in.
I posted pics below of the process & finished product. I'm pretty excited about it. I used some real good trim & popcorn buds. My batch is wicked potent! Very strong. I was surprised at how good it tastes too. I tried some on my muscles/joints and was very impressed at how much it helped aches & pain. I bet its good for inflammation. I told my significant other that he'll have to wear gloves when he puts it on my back cos' he's paranoid about testing positive for drugs. He doesn't smoke at all! He only was tested when he got hired in but still thinks it could happen one day. That's okay, more for me!
|The oil I used, any brand is fine|
|I buy their products ALL the time!|
|4 cups of well packed bud & sugar leaf|
|How it looks...Mixed leaf, had some from last run/harvest|
|Beautiful! The green separates from the amber fluid.|
|I would stir mine every so often and ALWAYS keep the leaf covered with water!|
|This is how I placed the food grade cheese cloth|
|How it looks in the strainer|
|This is how it will look before you put it in the fridge|
|It looks pretty good, kinda' like hash!|
|This is the type of jar you HAVE to use- one without a mouth!|
|I had a hell of a time getting it out of the jars I used jars with a narrow mouth! I had to break it up in the damn jar! UGH!|
|I used the wrong jars and had to break it in half with a knife to get it out #stonerproblems lol #doh|
|Drying on paper towels|
|Finished Product! I just LOVE the adorable pint size mason jars!|
If you choose to make this I hope you enjoy it as much as I did, it was fun! I realized I love to cook with cannabis & I can't wait to try something else.
Next I'm going to make some candy... Candy Kush!
I hope you found this little tutorial helpful and if you have any questions you can either comment below, ask me on the Twitter @greenthumbgirls or @stonergurl4eva or if you prefer my email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
I learned this lesson my 3rd run. Work, school & too many plants became an issue. Having too much going on when you are growing not only stresses you out it will also make your garden more susceptible to pests and diseases due to lack of attention & TLC!
If you get burnt out, which happens to me, then slow down, grow enough to cover yourself for awhile & take a break!
GROWING A SUCCESSFUL GARDEN IS
1. hard work
2. time consuming
But oh, so rewarding & fun, not to mention relaxing!
Grow it good & Keep it lit 🔥